1 BoldWater Road, Edgartown MA 02539
An extraordinary country estate set on 12.3 waterfront acres on Edgartown Great Pond. Deeded access to private South Shore beach. No expense was spared in the design of this 10,000 sf architect-designed home, and the attention to detail in its construction must be seen to be fully appreciated. A three-bay garage also offers room for a boat.The substantial guest cottage is its own masterpiece. A post-and-beam barn offers form and function. Beautiful waterviews may be expanded further subject to ConCom permission. Association access to Atlantic Ocean and tennis completes the offering.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id21629
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths2
- AppliancesStove: y, Washer: y
- Water SourceWell
- Year Built1999
- Exterior FeaturesWater Views, Covenants
- Other StructuresAbout Boldwater - BoldWater’s location along the western shoreline of the Edgartown Great Pond, a large body of water situated near the South Shore of the Island, has long appealed to those looking for a unique location for their island home. “Great Pond”, as it is locally known, is abundant in shellfish, waterfowl, otters, and a variety of birds and wildlife not often found elsewhere on the Island. There are many scenic coves branching off the main body of water, which gives the Pond its distinctive quality. Sailing out to the barrier beach in small boats is one of the many pleasures of ownership. The flora in this area is a mix of oak and pine forest, open wild flower fields, and beach front grasslands. To the ecologist/conservationist, BoldWater is a rare opportunity to carefully blend activities related to home ownership with enjoyment of the natural environment. BoldWater is an extensive community of approximately 30 home sites ranging in size from about 6 acres on up to 20 acres. It encompasses virtually the entire west shore of Edgartown Great Pond. Within this area are over 150 acres of “common” unbuildable land (owned by Sheriff’s Meadow Foundation). This land holds a bike and walking trail, as well as two all-weather tennis courts. BoldWater also owns two common lots on the Pond (for walking and boating access) and 3, 000 feet of barrier beach containing Atlantic shoreline as well as Pond frontage.
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementFull, partially finished
- Interior Features
- Listing UpdatedWednesday, October 13, 2021, 10:00 PM