20 Eliot Avenue Chilmark
20 Eliot Avenue, Chilmark MA 02535
Surrounded by nature, this is a South Shore waterfront sanctuary. The presence of the peaceful placid pond combined with the power of the ocean and the sound of the waves is part of the special experience of living here. It has a particular sense of privacy and peacefulness. Hidden away on a quiet road of lilacs and summer cottages, the yard is defined by stone walls, lush gardens, natural art objects and several outdoor patios. Just beyond the lawn is a sandy path for easy access to the ocean and pond. The feeling inside the tasteful home is one of understated pleasing ambience. There are three bedroom suites and the ability to create a fourth. Each of the bedrooms has a connection to an outside space, two have pond and ocean views and one bedroom includes a sleeping loft space. The large and open kitchen which was recently renovated has a vaulted ceiling and an expansive dining space. Natural light and views of the pond fill the room and glass doors lead to the outdoor patios. The library with fireplace and a wall of windows to the water also serves as a formal dining room. In the living room, the dramatic height and spectacular views of the ocean and pond give you an expansive sense of water. The views from the adjacent sunroom have an intimacy and this room is currently used as an office and sitting room. The primary bedroom suite has extraordinary panoramic views and is a retreat that includes an open sitting room and fireplace as well as a private balcony and bathroom. The character of this property, its authenticity, vistas and connection to the natural landscape all combine to create a truly unique experience.
Listing Courtesy of Tea Lane Associates
- Mls Id39416
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- AppliancesStove: Wolf 6-burner, Washer: yes
- Water SourceWell
- FoundationPoured concrete
- Year Built1993
- Exterior FeaturesWater Views, Patio, Garden, Deck, Beach Access - Association
- Association AmenitiesAlarm, Central A/C, Insulation, Irrigation, Media Room, Outdoor Shower
- Parking FeaturesDriveway/parking area
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementFull basement with laundry, storage, cedar closets, bulkhead for storing outside furniture.
- Lot FeaturesLarge yard, Lew French stone patios (outdoor art excluded)
- ViewOcean, Pond
- Interior FeaturesFloor 1: Foyer, kitchen with eat-in area, dining room, living room, sunroom, bedroom suite, TV room, another bedroom suite with extra loft sleeping space., Floor 2: Primary bedroom with sitting room with fireplace and roof deck, plus primary bathroom.
- Listing UpdatedWednesday, July 20, 2022, 10:58 PM