24 Peacegate Way Vineyard Haven
24 Peacegate Way, Vineyard Haven MA 02568
You are in for a treat as you experience this fun and whimsical property with a four-bedroom main house and a two-bedroom guest house. Situated on 1.38 acres, abutting 26 acres of MV Land Bank, and located just 2.5 miles from downtown Vineyard Haven and the ferry, 24 Peacegate Way is an exceptional opportunity offering a unique Vineyard vibe. The main house was custom-designed by the owners capturing the essence of their lifestyle and what they love most, including an enormous chef’s kitchen and walk-in pantry, a first-floor bedroom with a wood-burning fireplace and cathedral ceiling, a two-story solarium porch featuring a one-of-a-kind wood slatted floor, and floor to ceiling windows. The dining area and cozy living room with wood-burning stove and sliders to the sun-filled four-season porch are at the back of the house off the capacious kitchen, which is the focal room on this floor. The second floor is as intriguing as the first, highlighting a generous cathedral ceiling primary suite with a walk-in closet and full bath that leads to the upper-story balcony. A guest bedroom and full bath are located at the top of the stairs. If you are looking for privacy, there is another guest bedroom tucked away at the far end of this floor featuring dramatic angles, built-ins, and another cathedral ceiling. The laundry room and a secret walk-in closet occupy the long hall that leads to this bedroom. It will be hard to find a basement as big as this one with amazing ceiling height, and spanning the length of the entire house and garage. Adding to the distinctive features of this property is a two-bedroom 788 sf guest house with a separate driveway and basement accessed through the outside. This home awaits your personal touch and vision and is perfect for extended family and guests or as a rental. Completing this property is the remarkable yard with mature plantings and trees, including a dawn redwood tree from Polly Hill Arboretum, and a fabulous kitchen garden where you can grow all your favorites! This property presents an up-Island experience yet with proximity to town for plenty of shopping, restaurants, and easy access to the ferry. Come and enjoy this offering! Property is being sold "as is". Inspections have been completed and reports are available upon request.
Listing Courtesy of Donnelly + Co
- Mls Id39910
- Full Baths4
- AppliancesStove: YES-gas stove, Washer: YES
- Water SourceWell
- FlooringHardwood, Tile, Carpet, Bamboo
- FoundationPoured concrete
- Year Built1992
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Garden, Beach Access - Public
- Other StructuresBuilt in 1992, the two-bedroom guest house lives independently of the main house, with a private driveway, and awaits your vision. One bedroom is located on the first floor and the second bedroom occupies the second-floor loft space. The kitchen, full bath, and living area complete the first floor. There is a full basement accessed from the outside and an outdoor shower. NOTE: There is no refrigerator or washer/dryer in the guest house.
- Parking FeaturesAmple parking in the driveway
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementAccessed off the kitchen or from the exterior by the garage, this extraordinary basement will truly WOW you! With tall ceilings, and multiple rooms, including a room off the “Sumner Tunnel”, you will have plenty of space for storage, a workshop, a wine cellar, and more. You have to see it to experience it.
- Lot FeaturesSide and back yards with mature plantings and garden
- Interior FeaturesIns,OSh, Floor 1: There are several accesses to this four-bedroom main house, but the front entrance with a foyer/mudroom is most commonly used and offers plenty of room for boots, coats, and outdoor gear. The first-floor bedroom, which was used as an office, with a wood-burning fireplace, handsome wood panel mantle, and cathedral ceiling is cleverly located off the foyer and away from the activity of the house. With their love of cooking, the owners designed the kitchen to be the central space on this floor, with room for all to convene yet leaving space for the chef to create comfortably. The dining and living room boasts a wood-burning stove with two sets of sliders accessing the fabulous sunroom with floor-to-ceiling windows. A full bath near the kitchen completes this floor., Floor 2: The primary suite overlooks the backyard and gardens and occupies the right side of this floor with a dramatic ceiling, unique angles, a walk-in closet, and a full bath that extends out to the upper balcony. To the left of the stairs are a full bath and a pleasant bedroom. For those looking for a quiet niche, there is a third bedroom on this floor situated at the end of a long hall where you will find the laundry room and a secret walk-in closet. Complimenting the unique architecture of the home, this bedroom also enjoys a cathedral ceiling, beautiful built-ins, and the utmost privacy.
- Listing UpdatedWednesday, January 18, 2023, 10:37 PM