50 Oyster Watcha Road, Edgartown MA 02539
50 Oyster Watcha is one of the most extraordinary settings on Martha’s Vineyard. This property on Edgartown’s south shore has hosted first families and captains of industry, poets and politicians. Few can resist its charms. The house and guesthouse have sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean over Oyster Pond and the barrier beach. The views are by all accounts the finest ocean views from any home in Oyster Watcha Midlands, as this was the first lot created in this community and was intended to be the “jewel in the crown.” The 11.5 acres of property includes 1,200 feet of private waterfront on Oyster Pond as well as close access to over 2,200 feet of sandy Atlantic beach. The ocean beach is accessible by boat or by traveling half a mile down a shaded country road by car, foot, bike, or your private all-terrain vehicle. The property includes an impeccably maintained 4-bedroom main house, 2–bedroom guesthouse, and boathouse. From the main house the pond, dunes, and Atlantic Ocean are beautifully framed, and you can see and hear the surf rolling onto the beach. Water views from the guesthouse showcase the dunes and Atlantic Ocean over the westernmost cove of Oyster Pond. The interiors of the 1,200 sq ft guesthouse are bright, open, and airy. While the existing structures are immaculate and extremely well-maintained, there is also vast scope for creating a compound of newer structures on the site. This is a canvas any architect would relish. A viewing stand located closer to the ocean designates the optimal location for a new, much larger main house. ABOUT OYSTER WATCHA MIDLANDS ASSOCIATION: This distinguished community is one of the most sought after locations on the Island. It is protected by covenants and restrictions for the enjoyment of owners present and future. The community is spread over 450 total acres and includes vast tracts of conservation lands, tennis courts, and private Atlantic beach with ample parking. There are only 15 building lots in this vast and unspoiled island paradise, and consequently ownership in this neighborhood rarely becomes available. This is a rare opportunity for the discriminating buyer.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id31928
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- AppliancesStove: Gas Verona 5 burner range, Washer: Yes
- Water SourceWell
- Year Built1983
- Exterior FeaturesWater Views, Deck, Patio, Community Tennis Court, Beach Access - Private, Beach Access - Association, Covenants
- Other StructuresDetached 480 sq. ft. boathouse/garage includes large open space/rec. area currently furnished with 2 bunkbeds and bathe. Guest house set approx 300' from main house includes two bedrooms and two baths.
- Parking FeaturesPrivate parking for Main House and Guest House
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementUnfinished - Full basement in Main House
- Lot FeaturesY
- ViewOcean, Pond
- Interior FeaturesIns,Irr,OSh, Floor 1: Separated into two wings by entrance foyer. One side for master suite with private bath and the other with 3 bedrooms., Floor 2: Half story up to the open living room and kitchen. Sliding doors to the deck and outdoor space.
- Listing UpdatedSaturday, December 10, 2022, 12:02 AM