52 South Summer Street Edgartown
52 South Summer Street, Edgartown MA 02539
RENOVATED CAPTAIN'S HOME MERGES HISTORIC AND MODERN ELEMENTS. Steeped with history and beautifully renovated inside and out by Hutker Architects in 2013, this 1860's gem is situated on a large corner lot in the heart of Edgartown Village. Known as the Captain Ellsworth West House, the home's historic connections coupled with its impeccable quality and lush gardens would be sufficient to make this one of the finest homes in the village -- but add to that, its characterful styling and beautifully curated vintage details and this property is really something special. This expansive retreat is comprised of a Main House, with four floors of living spaces -- plus a private covered porch with wood-burning fireplace overlooking the beautifully landscaped grounds, which is the perfect place to relax with a book or enjoy a quiet fireside evening in the summer. The detached two-story Carriage House features a pool cabana with an inside lounge area plus French doors that open out to a private outdoor living area with gunite pool, built-in whirlpool spa and bluestone terrace with additional poolside lounging. This rare property includes over 7,000 square feet of living space and is a perfect in-town compound for discerning buyers who are seeking a spacious and comfortable home for gathering family and friends -- and creating treasured memories for years to come. NOTE: A $500,000 buyer credit available if the property is placed under agreement by 12/31/22.
Listing Courtesy of Compass | Point B
- Mls Id39755
- Full Baths6
- Half Baths2
- AppliancesStove: Wolf® Gas Range, Washer: Electrolux® Front-Loading Washer
- Water SourceTown
- FlooringHardwood + Tile
- FoundationPoured Concrete
- Year Built1860
- Exterior FeaturesPorch, Private Pool, Patio, Beach Access - Public, Hot Tub
- Association AmenitiesAlarm, Central A/C, Insulation, Irrigation, Media Room, Mini-Split Heat/AC, Outdoor Shower
- Parking FeaturesAmple Off-Street Parking
- BasementThe Lower Level features an additional 1, 374-sf of finished living space (not included in total square footage shown) with 10-foot ceilings and the is comprised of a Media Room with home theatre system, a spacious Bedroom with egress window plus a Full Bath, Laundry Room and storage.
- Lot FeaturesProfessionally Landscaped Yard, Covered Porch and Private Pool/Spa Area
- Interior FeaturesFloor 1: The first floor is comprised of a gracious Foyer that opens to reveal a beautiful open staircase and grand center hallway. Located to the left of the hallway is the formal Living Room anchored by a wood-burning fireplace with handsome antique mantel and two sets of French doors that open out to a private covered porch with wood-burning fireplace. To the right of the hallway is a formal Dining Room with decorative fireplace. There is a spacious back entrance hallway with open staircases. The rear of the home is the gathering place of the home with a large Family/TV Room with gas fireplace and custom built-ins plus a generously-sized gourmet cook's kitchen with high-end stainless appliances, an prep island with counter seating and a casual dining area -- plus a Pantry with built-in desk/charging station. There is also a beautiful Powder Room located off the main Foyer., Floor 2: The second floor is accessible by two separate staircases. The front staircase, located off the front Foyer, leads to an Office/Den with views of the Federated Church and steeple. There are two bedrooms, each with en suite bath and one featuring French doors that open out to a second-story mahogany deck. The rear staircase leads to a magnificent Owner's Suite with sitting area, private deck, bedroom with vaulted ceilings and salvaged antique beams -- plus a dressing area with walk-in closets, custom built-ins and a spa-like bathroom with double vanity, walk-in glass shower and free-standing soaking tub., Floor 3: The third floor is comprised of a wonderful sunlit bedroom suite with full bath and a separate heat/ac unit.
- Listing UpdatedFriday, September 23, 2022, 8:50 PM