64 Tisbury Lane West, West Tisbury MA 02575
An easy elegance is the theme in this contemporary home designed by Hugh Newell Jacobsen, one of America's finest architects. Spare and linear order, characteristic of Jacobsen's style, enhances the interior spaces and creates a restful aesthetic. Jacobsen's acute sensitivity to the 6.9 acre site has created a home that wants to be there. This property is located in one of the most unique communities on Martha's Vineyard, comprising approximately 1600 acres. 1000 acres are common land, mostly in conservation: gorgeous open fields, woodlands, ponds, and miles of walking trails in a pristine, private area of the Island. The property enjoys access to one and a half miles of private beach, two piers, and two tennis courts. More than a lovely home on a large site, this is an opportunity to belong to a unique community dedicated to the good stewardship of the land.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id23603
- Full Baths3
- AppliancesStove: Y, Washer: Y
- Water SourceWell
- Year Built1964
- Exterior FeaturesCommunity Tennis Court, Beach Access - Association, Covenants
- Other StructuresShed
- Parking FeaturesYes
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementNone. Attic for storage.
- Lot FeaturesYes
- Interior FeaturesIns, Floor 1: Simple, elegant order can be observed at the entrance to this home as you follow a long gallery lit by floor to ceiling windows along the exterior wall. From the gallery one arrives at an inspiring and spacious living room. Built-in bookcases line one entire wall, a wonderful fireplace anchors the room, and a beautiful pattern of tall windows and doors define the west wall. The ceiling is quite extraordinary with vaulted cypress detail and an unusually large central skylight. Tall windows and doors continue their march along the facade facing out to a grassy rolling slope, views of glacial boulders, and lichen covered stone walls. Continuing along, the dining room enjoys the same bucolic views and an interior wall has a built-in sideboard. The kitchen has excellent potential for updating to your specifications. The bedroom wing includes a master with private bath. Three other bedrooms share two baths.
- Listing UpdatedFriday, December 9, 2022, 11:25 PM