75 School Street, Edgartown MA 02539
Tucked away behind a large hedgerow of beautiful bushes in the heart of the Village sits this classic Vineyard design home that embraces warmth and charm. The original part of the home was built in the early 1940s and received multiple updates in the mid-2000s, with modern standards. As you enter the front door you step into the living with a quaint wood burning fireplace and handsome hardwood floors. Off of the living room there is a 3 season porch with floor to ceiling windows that is ideal space for family meals, cocktails with friends, and breakfasts with your newspaper bathed in warm sunshine. Another standout feature is an efficiently designed kitchen with a sweet & cozy dining area. The renovation created a master bedroom adjoined by a spacious bathroom with a jetted deep soak tub and a beautiful tiled shower. To complete the first floor there is another full bathroom, bedroom (currently used as an office) and separate laundry room. The second level has an enormous room with vaulted ceilings that is the 3rd bedroom with ample storage space. This room is so large that it can be either divided into 2 separate bedrooms (with your creative touch) or simply used as a large bedroom with a sitting area. An unfinished space in the basement awaits the imagination of the new owners to be converted into a den, game room or workshop.The short distance to Main Street shopping district and historic sites from whaling days past makes the best of Edgartown easily accessible to those lucky recipients of this fantastic opportunity.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id28008
- Full Baths2
- AppliancesStove: Yes, Washer: Yes
- Water SourceTown
- Flooring2 floors - hardwood/tile
- Year Built1930
- Exterior FeaturesPatio, Beach Access - Public, Porch - Screened
- Association AmenitiesInsulation, Irrigation
- Parking FeaturesOff street parking
- BasementFull with potential to finish off to living space.
- Lot FeaturesCute, charming yard with shed in back
- Interior FeaturesFloor 1: Living room with wood burning fireplace, 3 season porch (with screens for summer) kitchen, dining area, master bedroom with tiled bathroom, additional bedroom, full bathroom, laundry room., Floor 2: Large bedroom with lots of closet space. This room is so large that there are lots of possibilities for its use.
- Listing UpdatedWednesday, October 13, 2021, 10:57 PM